This easy bento box is a new spin on your favorite sandwich and chips lunch. Kids will love the fun sandwich kabobs and these homemade beet chips are much healthier than bagged potato chips!
Nutrition Tip: Beets contain two important nutrients that can help lower blood pressure: potassium and nitrate.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 large beet, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 4 cubes lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cut into small squares
- 2 slices low-sodium ham, cut in half
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced lengthwise to create 4 ribbons
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place beets on parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Assemble sandwich kabobs with tomatoes, cheese, bread, ham and cucumber on skewers or coffee stirrers.
- Serve with Crispy Green and yogurt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 19gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 11gSugar: 30gProtein: 23g