Alright, we have an awesome new wrap idea for you all and it is loaded with vegetables! These Chicken Veggie Wraps ae super easy to make and perfect all year long. Make these for finger foods at a party, for family picnics, or for the lunchbox this upcoming school year! Great for the kids and the adults.
Getting creative with new lunch options can be challenging especially when we are all so busy. Here at Healthy Family Project, we are always on a mission to help bring your family healthier options that are easy to make, right at home. These Chicken Veggie Wraps are super easy to make and loaded with the power foods that we love. Carrots, celery, broccoli, and lettuce all get featured in this chicken wrap to help fuel you throughout your day! Load them up, roll them, slice them, and pack them up in your lunchbox for a great healthy lunch the whole family will enjoy!
Nutrition Tip: Consuming whole grains like whole wheat tortillas as part of a healthy diet may reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases like heart disease and Type II diabetes.
Eating healthy for both the kids and the adults is so important! Kids look to us adults to ensure that they are getting all the right nutrition they need in their young bodies. Starting the kids young with eating their vegetables will lead to them more likely making better choices as they become young adults, too. The more familiar they are with healthier options, the better! So we consider this in all of the recipes we develop in our household.
Key Ingredients for these Chicken Veggie Wraps
- Whole Wheat Tortillas– or whatever flavor your family loves
- Chicken– cooked and chopped (or leftover chicken works well) You can grill it, cook it in the slow cooker, Instant Pot, or even Air Fryer.
- Lettuce– romaine works great in this recipe but you can always try spinach, too!
Wow! Just listing these healthy vegetable makes me feel good! Having them wrapped up in a tortilla with a little tasty ranch makes them more enjoyable for the entire family, too. I love knowing we are all getting essential Vitamins and minerals into our diets with these easy chicken wraps.
How to make these easy Chicken Veggie Wraps
First start by preparing all of your vegetables. Shred the carrots and chop up the celery, broccoli, and onions. Then in a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, all of the vegetables, and the dressing. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
Then lay the whole wheat tortillas on a clean dry surface. Add the lettuce then spoon on the chicken and vegetable mixture. Roll them up and slice into thirds.
Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to eat. If packing into your lunchbox, make sure to add in your favorite fruits and sides for a well rounded meal!
Make sure to PIN IT!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- Best Lunch Boxes For Kids
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Chicken Veggie Wraps
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing
- 6 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Combine chicken, carrots, celery, broccoli, onion and dressing in large bowl.
- Line tortilla with ½ cup salad topped with ½ cup chicken/vegetable mixture. Roll and slice into thirds.