Chicken salad is so versatile and can quickly be added to many dishes for a protein boost. This recipe is made without mayo, but balsamic dressing adds zest. Keep a big batch of chicken salad on hand and add to pitas for a super easy lunchbox that’s ready in minutes.
Nutrition Tip: Chicken is a lean source of the protein kids need for growth and development right now. Each two-ounce portion of chicken packs 12 grams of protein and just one gram of fat.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces raisins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 2 whole wheat pitas, halved
- 2 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 mandarin, per serving
- Combine chicken, sunflower seeds, cheese, raisins, dressing, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Line pita halves with spinach and chicken salad. Place in lunchboxes.
- Serve with mini sweet peppers, guacamole and mandarin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 15g