Classic chicken noodle soup gets a veggie-packed makeover with zucchini noodles (zoodles)! Make a batch of this Chicken Zoodle Soup for a delicious lunch or dinner idea to change things up. Want to take this soup for lunch? Grab a thermos and fill it up for a nice warm lunch.
Our family loves a good ole bowl of chicken noodle soup a few times of year. We had a decent sized zucchini growing in the garden so I was inspired. If you haven’t had zoodles before you are missing out. They are surprisingly good and actually swap out in many recipes easily. The soup recipe is very simple too with just a few ingredients and little prep time. We love this recipe for dinner but will even pack it for lunch the next day. If you or the kids don’t have access to a microwave for reheating, just pack it up in a thermos. For best results, prep your thermos by adding boiling water to it while you heat the leftover. Then, dump out the water and add the soup. This will help keep the soup warm until lunchtime.
Nutrition Tip: A cup of zucchini has all the vitamin C a young child needs in a day. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, which helps with proper blood clotting.
When kiddos are feeling under the weather, there’s nothing like a comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup to make them feel better.
This recipe replaces the noodles with zucchini noodles for an extra dose of Vitamin C. Plus it’s filled with Pero Family Farms® Snipped Green Beans and RealSweet® sweet onions for a satisfying veggie meal that warms and fills you up.
Key Ingredients for this Chicken Zoodle Soup
Chicken– Chicken is a great source of protein and has many properties that can help your immune system, so great when anyone if feeling under the weather.
Carrots– What is chicken noodle soup without the carrots? Carrots are loaded with many minerals and vitamins and add a little sweetness to many recipes.
Onion– onions add so much flavor to most recipes and help make a delicious broth. Onions are high in Vitamin C and fiber.
Green Beans– we love green beans in our family so we incorporated them into this soup for some extra vegetables.
Zoodles- You can use packaged zoodles or if you have a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, you can make your own. Zucchini is high in fiber, essential Vitamins, and can even help strengthen teeth and bones.
How to make this Chicken Zoodle Soup
First start by heating the oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Then add the chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pot and set aside.
Next add the carrots, garlic, onions and green beans to the pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Then add the stock, 2 cups water and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil, add chicken and zucchini. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Serve hot or pack in thermos for lunch!
Make sure to PIN it!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- Best Lunch Boxes For Kids
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 carrots peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped Pero Family Farms® Snipped Green Beans
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Pero Family Farms® Organic Zucchini Veggie Spirals or homemade
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add carrots, garlic, onions and green beans to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add stock, 2 cups water and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, add chicken and zucchini. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.