Classic chicken noodle soup gets a veggie-packed makeover with zucchini noodles (zoodles)! Make a batch for a delicious dinner, then pack leftovers in a thermos the next morning for lunch.
For best results, prep your thermos by adding boiling water to it while you heat the leftover. Then, dump out the water and add leftovers. This will help keep the soup warm until lunchtime.
Nutrition Tip: A cup of zucchini has all the vitamin C a young child needs in a day. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, which helps with proper blood clotting.
When kiddos are feeling under the weather, there’s nothing like a comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup to make them feel better.
This recipe replaces the noodles with zucchini noodles for an extra dose of Vitamin C. Plus it’s filled with Pero Family Farms® Snipped Green Beans and RealSweet® sweet onions for a satisfying veggie meal that warms and fills you up.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped Pero Family Farms® Snipped Green Beans
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Pero Family Farms® Organic Zucchini Veggie Spirals
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add carrots, garlic, onions and green beans to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add stock, 2 cups water and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, add chicken and zucchini. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g