When warmer weather hits, the last thing you want to do is heat up your house cooking a meal. These no-cook pesto zoodles are the perfect light and healthy dish for summer. Just spiralize zucchini, toss in pesto and top with tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil. Have leftover grilled chicken or shrimp on hand? Toss it in for added protein.
Nutrition Tip: A cup of zucchini noodles has nearly all the vitamin C children need in a day.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Spiralize zucchini using a spiralizing tool. Place on paper towel-lined plate and let sit 10 minutes to absorb excess moisture.
- Toss zoodles with pesto. Divide between 2 bowls and top with tomatoes, cheese and basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g