Ready for a new and super simple lunchbox idea? Try making this Protein Power Lunchbox this upcoming school year! Protein, fiber, healthy fats, and whole grains all combine for a nutritious and easy-to-assemble lunchbox! Keeping it simple helps make your morning routine easier and helps everyone get out the door a little faster, too!
As most of you know we are always on a mission to help bring you easy and new ideas for not only the kids but for you as well! Sometimes we pack a little more complex recipes like out BBQ Chicken Taquitos or our Empanadas. But sometimes we like to just throw a few of our favorite snacks in the lunchbox and call it a day. That is what this Protein Power Lunchbox is! We packed up some boiled eggs, string cheese, and a few other of our favorites. Pre-boil your eggs at the start of the week and have your kiddos assemble these copycat protein bistro boxes with their favorite fruits and sides.
Why is protein good for the body?
We all need protein in our daily intake. Protein is essential for muscle growth and maintenance. Every cell the the human body contain protein so it important that we fuel our bodies with what it needs. Boiled eggs, cheese, and Greek yogurt are all great sources of protein. Kids especially need protein as their bodies grow so any time you are looking to fuel them up, pack these items!
Key ingredients for this Protein Power Lunchbox
- Boiled Egg- eggs are a wonderful source of protein and are high in Vitamins that can help with your vision, heart health, and are a healthy fat that our bodies need.
- String Cheese
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Apples– this is our kids favorite snack so we tend to pack apples more often than some of the other fruits. And as most of us know, apples really are loaded with essential Vitamins, minerals, and fiber that is great for our bodies!
- Grapes – grapes are high in Vitamins C & K and can even help in lowering heart disease.
- Whole Wheat Pita- we strive to eat whole wheat or whole grains when possible. But pack up whatever you have at the house.
How to make this Protein Power Lunchbox
Well it really doesn’t get any easier than this. Basically you are assembling all of the ingredients into the box. Really the hardest part is making the boiled eggs. You can buy pre boiled eggs, boil your own, or even make them in the Air Fryer! So once that is done, peel them and pack them up.
Then make sure to pack the box with your favorite fruits like apples and grapes. And let the kids customize with what they like, too. Then you can even add in some carrots or celery for dipping.
Make sure to PIN it!
And Learn more about protein with our Do Kids Need More Protein? (Plus 20 Protein-Rich Foods For Lunchboxes!) Post!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- Best Lunch Boxes For Kids
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Protein Power Lunchbox
- 1/2 apple sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg sliced in half
- 1 lowfat mozzarella cheese stick
- 1 2 oz. Greek yogurt Ranch dip cup
- 1/2 medium whole wheat pita
- 1/2 cup SamSonS Table grapes
- Assemble lunchbox with apples, egg, cheese, dip, pita and grapes.