Looking for a new all in one meal that comes together quickly with just a few ingredients? Then try this One Pan Baked Italian Chicken & Veggies dish. Fresh chicken seasoned lightly, paired with family favorite vegetables, then baked to perfection for an easy weeknight meal.
This easy one pan baked Italian chicken recipe is sure to become a weeknight staple along with your other favorite rotations! What could be easier than throwing chicken and veggies in a baking dish, seasoning it all, and putting it in the oven? Pair with a simple side salad for an extra dose of veggies. Of course if your family enjoys a different vegetable you can always swap out something other than green beans.
My kids love chicken and potatoes, so I can generally get away with meals that have both of them in it. They love our Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato Skins and other one pot meals like our Orange Maple Chicken Thighs. There isn’t really anything too fancy or anything you haven’t heard of before in this chicken dish. So this one is a winner even for the picky eaters in your family.
Nutrition Tip: Try substituting chicken for beef at your next meal, as you will still be getting high-quality protein but much less saturated fat.
What we love about this One Pan Baked Italian Chicken & Veggies
- All ingredients cook together in one step
- Just 8 ingredients
- Family friendly
- Easy clean up
- Protein, starch, and veggies all in one dish
What you need to make this All In one Chicken and Vegetables Dish
Baking Dish or Large Baking Pan
Key Ingredients for this One Pan Baked Italian Chicken & Veggies
How to make this Easy One Pan Chicken Dinner
First start by preheating the oven to 350ºF. Prepare the chicken breasts by trimming and cutting them into fourths.
Next place the chicken, potatoes, and green beans in rows in a 13×9-inch baking dish with the chicken in the middle.
Drizzle everything with olive oil and season with garlic, herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
Then bake for about 50 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and potatoes are tender.
Substitutions & Additions:
- You can use chicken thighs instead of breasts
- Like sweet potatoes? Swap those out instead
- A different vegetable on hand? Go ahead and toss carrots or asparagus in the dish.
- Don’t have Herbs De Provence Seasoning? You can use Italian Seasoning or a blend of Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram, and Oregano
What to serve with this chicken dinner?
Well we already have a full meal here with chicken, potatoes, and green beans but you can always start with a nice Raspberry Walnut Salad and end your meal with a Mixed Berry Pizza with Oatmeal Coconut Crust.
Make sure to Pin it!
One Pan Baked Italian Chicken and Veggies
- 1 pound chicken breast cut in fourths
- 1 pound gold potatoes quartered
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place chicken, potatoes and green beans in rows in 13×9-inch baking dish with chicken in the middle.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic, herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and potatoes are tender.