The perfect summer dessert. A lightly sweetened, soft and chewy oatmeal coconut crust is topped with lemony Greek yogurt and fresh berries to create this delectable Mixed Berry Pizza. Don’t forget the honey drizzle!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Wish Farms. All opinions are our own.
Summer is my favorite season! On top of beach days, road trips, and afternoons spent by the pool, I’m delighted by the amazing seasonal produce that’s available this time of year.
We’ve been on a homemade pizza kick lately and decided to bring our creative recipe streak into the dessert realm. Cue this mixed berry pizza! A lightweight and tasty dessert that’s healthy and prepared in few simple steps. Perfect for summer celebrations, Sunday brunch, or simply when you’re craving something light and sweet.
This recipe is also a great way to get more fruits into your kiddos diet. Prep the crust and yogurt mix and recruit your mini chef to help assemble this fun and colorful dessert pizza.
Key Ingredients In This Mixed Berry Pizza
- Rolled oats: The base of our dessert pizza crust. Rolled oats are a good source of fiber, high in protein, and packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Honey: This natural sweetener acts as the glue that holds together our crust and can be drizzled over the Mixed Berry Pizza before serving for an extra hint of sweetness.
- Greek Yogurt: Pick up vanilla Greek yogurt for extra flavor and mix with lemon juice for a sweet and zesty “pizza sauce” to bring together our crust and berry medley.
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries – opt for one variety or all four! They’re the stars of this lightweight dessert and offer up tons of health benefits including antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Make This Mixed Berry Pizza with Oatmeal Coconut Crust
- Prepare the oatmeal crust. Add all of the crust ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture into a round cake or springform pan and press down firmly to create an even surface. Pro tip: I sprayed the bottom of a flat measuring cup with cooking spray to easily press down the surface.
- Bake the oatmeal crust and allow to cool completely before assembly.
- Prep the yogurt mix. Combine vanilla Greek yogurt in a small bowl with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Start with the juice of half a lemon and add more depending on your taste preference.
- Prep your berries. Wash your berries right before you’re ready to assemble the dessert pizza. Slice or dice your strawberries before adding to the crust. Get more berry prep and storage tips from Wish Farms.
- Assemble the pizza. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread an even layer of the yogurt mix. Top with berry medley. Get creative by using the berries to create a fun shape or pattern. Use a sharp knife to cut into 4 or 6 even slices. Drizzle with honey before serving.
- Skip the coconut flakes or swap with chopped nuts to add a nice crunch to the soft and chewy crust.
- Replace the egg with a ripe banana or one teaspoon flax seed mixed with three teaspoons of water.
- Swap Greek yogurt with a plant-based yogurt to make this recipe dairy-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Both the crust and yogurt mix can be prepped the day before. Be sure to store both in airtight containers. Give the yogurt a mix before spreading on the crust. Wrap the crust in aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out. Once the dessert pizza is fully assembled, store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. Cut into slices and drizzle with honey right before serving.
Which berries should I use?
I love to include a mix of berry varieties to create a balance of flavors and texture. Consider that strawberries and blueberries tend to be sweeter, while raspberries and blackberries are sweet, delicate, and can be slightly tart. Check out a few nutrition tips to help you choose!
- One serving of strawberries offers 160% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C. Strawberries are also a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B, and magnesium.
- Blackberries contain anthocyanins, a powerful phytonutrient that has shown to protect the brain from stress and may reduce the effect of age-related conditions.
- Blueberries contain fiber, potassium, folate, and Vitamins C and B6 and are ranked among the fruits with the highest antioxidant content.
- At only 65 calories per cup, raspberries are a naturally light treat and play a role in heart health due to flavonoids quercetin and gallic acid.
How do you store any leftover mixed berry dessert pizza?
Well, I am doubting that you will have any leftovers, but if you do, I recommend storing it in an airtight container or with aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to one day.
Mixed Berry Pizza
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extra
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 Wish Farms Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Wish Farms Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Wish Farms Blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add egg, rolled oats, shredded coconut, flour, brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, vanilla extra, and pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl. Mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Evenly spread the mixture into a greased spring pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
- Mix 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt with juice from half a lemon.
- Once oatmeal crust is fully cooked, use spatula to spread lemon yogurt mixture.
- Top with sliced strawberries, blackberriies and blueberries. Drizzle with honey