Lunchtime can be an adventure for little minds. Get creative with a set of cookie cutters and plating and watch kids gobble up their lunch.
For this Dinosaur Lunch, we serve our dino sandwiches alongside broccoli (trees!), Ranch for dipping and fresh clementines and strawberries
Nutrition Tip: A little bit of ranch dressing goes a long way. Kids love to dip, so try a dollop of ranch or two next time you want them to eat their greens, like broccoli.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 clementine
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons lowfat Ranch dressing
- Mash banana and mix with peanut butter. Spread onto one slice of bread and top with other slice. Use a dinosaur cookie cutter to cut sandwich.
- Arrange lunch with clementine for sun, broccoli for trees/grass and ranch for clouds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 25gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 8gSugar: 23gProtein: 12g