Keep your little ones warm in the wintertime with this healthy and hearty Alphabet Soup. Kids will have fun spelling out words with the pasta letters and trying out a variety of veggies!
A good bowl of soup is like a big hug during colder months. This is also the time of year people tend to catch colds, so loading up on lots of fruits and veggies is a great way to keep your immune system going strong.
Nutrition Tip: Vegetables provide your body with vitamins A and C, which help fight illness and promote healing.
This soup comes together in one pot and is packed with carrots, kale, green beans, potatoes, RealSweet® sweet onions and tomatoes. Pump up the protein by adding your favorite beans (to keep it vegetarian), chicken or beef. You can also easily swap out veggies with your favorites or whatever you have on hand.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces green beans, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 russet potato, peeled, diced
- 1/2 medium RealSweet® sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add green beans, carrots, kale, potatoes and onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in pasta and cook 10 minutes, or until cooked.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Add green beans, carrots, kale, potatoes, onion, broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic powder to Instant Pot. Stir, cover with lid and set valve to sealing.
- Set to pressure cook on high 5 minutes. Once done, quick release steam. Remove lid.
- Stir in pasta. Press saute and cook 5 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g