Alphabet Vegetable Soup
This easy one pot homemade alphabet vegetable soup is loaded with nutrients thanks to all those fresh veggies. Prepped in just 10 minutes this healthy soup recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight meal or lunchbox idea.
There is just something about a nice bowl of soup that warms you up from the inside out. And when you add in all those fresh veggies, you are making a healthy meal for you and your family! The addition of the alphabet pasta make this healthy soup recipe one that will make your kiddos smile. Keep your little ones warm in the wintertime with this healthy and hearty Alphabet Vegetable Soup. Kids will have fun spelling out words with the pasta letters and trying out a variety of veggies!
A good bowl of soup is like a big hug during colder months. This is also the time of year people tend to catch colds, so loading up on lots of fruits and veggies is a great way to keep your immune system going strong.
Nutrition Tip: Vegetables provide your body with vitamins A and C, which help fight illness and promote healing.
- Vegetable broth
- Alphabet pasta
- Veggies – and lots of them!
This soup comes together in one pot and is packed with carrots, kale, green beans, potatoes, RealSweet® sweet onions and tomatoes. Pump up the protein by adding your favorite beans. You can also easily swap out veggies with your favorites or whatever you have on hand.
- Shredded chicken, if you have any leftover rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator, it would be great in this soup!
- Ground Beef
- Ground Turkey
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Don’t think that you can only make soup in the winter months! This yummy alphabet vegetable soup is good all year round and makes for a nutritious non-sandwich lunch idea for the kiddos (and us parents!). Just make sure you have a good thermos so that the soup stays warm until lunch.
Alphabet Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces green beans chopped
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 russet potato peeled, diced
- 1/2 medium RealSweet® sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add green beans, carrots, kale, potatoes and onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in pasta and cook 10 minutes, or until cooked.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Add green beans, carrots, kale, potatoes, onion, broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic powder to Instant Pot. Stir, cover with lid and set valve to sealing.
- Set to pressure cook on high 5 minutes. Once done, quick release steam. Remove lid.
- Stir in pasta. Press saute and cook 5 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
Great home cooked meal, in about 30 minutes. I’ll take it! Sounds great, even on a weeknight.
This would be an awesome recipe to make with children in my home daycare. This meal becomes a learning activity as children identify the letters in their soup. Hopefully, picky eaters will focus more on “playing” and will eat their veggies LOL