Enjoy all the flavors of a traditional shrimp boil in these easy-to-make foil packets! Packed with shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn and a little Cajun seasoning, This NOLA inspired dish is sure to be a hit with the family.
Did we mention zero clean-up needed? That’s a win-win in my book!
Shrimp boils are traditionally associated with coastal regions, but there is a distinct difference between Georgia or South Carolina boils and Louisiana boils; the heat. This recipe’s Cajun seasoning is what will give it that kick, and andouille is the preferred sausage because of it’s additional smoked Cajun flavors.
Once assembled, these packets can be cooked in the oven, on the grill or over a campfire. After they’re cooked and cooled, grab a fork and dig in!
Nutrition Tip: Shrimp is a low-fat, low-calorie source of protein that packs vitamin B12 and minerals like iodine. It’s also low in one of the lower-mercury fish and shellfish, according to the EPA.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is using fresh summer corn! When buying fresh corn on the cob, always look for green, tightly wrapped husks. The kernels should also feel plump through the husk. If you can feel holes, choose another one. For more tips on how to pick the perfect cob, visit our Produce Tips page.
Don’t forget to use heavy-duty foil or double up on layers to prevent tears or holes when assembling or cooking foil packets. You don’t want to lose an ounce of the delicious flavor!
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 ears corn on the cob, cut in half
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425F or preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Precut 6 large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 12 inches each). Divide shrimp, potatoes, sausage and corn into 6 portions and place in center of foil. Drizzle each with 1 tsp. olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (add more or less depending on level of heat desired).
- Roll long side of foil together on top and fold sides in, sealing the foil packet tightly.
- Bake in preheated oven or grill 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and shrimp is cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 395mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g