Make dinnertime fun by adding purple mashed potatoes! Serve with these easy baked pork chops for a complete meal.
Ready for a fun spin on a classic dinner idea? Then you need to give these Easy Baked Pork Chops & Purple Mashed Potatoes a try! This recipe will surely be added to the “go to” family dinner list. Not only is this recipe fun, this is very simple to prepare, too!
Probably like most of you, I grew up with eating boring old pork chops on the dinner rotation. Now that I have my own family, I understand why. Boneless pork chops are easy to prepare, budget friendly, and generally a meat the kids will eat. When they are on sale I grab a few pounds and freeze them for quick and easy dinners. My kids always love our Pork Chops & Cinnamon Apples or sometimes we grill them with some BBQ sauce in the Summer months.
What we love about this baked Pork Chop recipe with Purple Mashed Potatoes
- Simple to prepare with just a few ingredients
- Purple mashed potatoes make it fun
- Family friendly
These pork chops can easily be made on Sunday afternoon and used throughout the week. Take a cookie cutter to them to give shaped nugget flair. The potato not only taste amazing, kids will love the extra color on their plate.
Nutrition Tip: Prepare pork chops for your next dinner and benefit from all of the B vitamins found in the pork. Three in particular, [niacin, B6, and B12], have been shown to protect and improve cardiovascular health.
If you are not sure where to find purple potatoes- first check your normal grocery store. You probably have never searched for them. Generally they are in bags in the same area as the other potatoes. Of course if your market is small, you may have to try a specialty store.
How to make Baked Pork Chops
Spray a large baking sheet with some nonstick cooking spray. Then add the pork chops and brush them with the mustard.
Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the tops of the pork chops with breadcrumb mixture and press down to adhere. Spray well with some more cooking spray.
Bake for about 30 minutes, to until internal temperatures reach 145°F and coating is slightly browned.
For the Purple Mashed Potatoes
While the pork chops bake, place the purple potatoes in a large stock pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Add in the milk and garlic, and mash until smooth and well combined.
Serve up a scoop along side the baked pork chops and enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Looking for other weeknight dinners? Check out our Italian Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
Easy Baked Pork Chops & Purple Mashed Potatoes
- 4 boneless pork chops fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds purple potatoes
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops on cooking sheet and brush tops with mustard.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle tops of pork chops with breadcrumbs and press down to adhere. Spray well with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, to until internal temperatures reach 145°F and coating is browned.
- While pork chops bake, place potatoes in large stock pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add milk and garlic, and mash until smooth and well combined.