This recipe will surely be added to the “go to” family dinner list. These pork chops can easily be made on Sunday afternoon and used throughout the week. Take a cookie cutter to them to give shaped nugget flair. The potato not only taste amazing, kids will love the extra color on their plate.
Nutrition Tip: Prepare pork chops for your next dinner and benefit from all of the B vitamins found in the pork. Three in particular, [niacin, B6, and B12], have been shown to protect and improve cardiovascular health.
- 4 boneless pork chops, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds purple potatoes
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops on cooking sheet and brush tops with mustard.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle tops of pork chops with breadcrumbs and press down to adhere. Spray well with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, to until internal temperatures reach 145°F and coating is browned.
- While pork chops bake, place potatoes in large stock pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add milk and garlic, and mash until smooth and well combined.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g