Skip the bread and make this avocado turkey wrap. Loaded with fresh vegetables for a delicious crunch, this easy lunch idea is also a healthy meal option that is ready in just minutes.
Looking for a nut-free, gluten-free lunch idea that is ready in just minutes? This avocado turkey wrap is just that! You won’t missed the bread or tortilla wrap when you make this yummy turkey wrap. We encourage eating with your hands in this fun take on the traditional turkey sandwich. This turkey wrap gets an extra punch of nutrition with the addition of guacamole and vegetables like cucumber, tomato, and carrots.
Nutrition Tip: Avocados are one of the only fruits that contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fat (the good-for-you fat) that helps boost good (HDL) cholesterol and lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol.
Why we love this Avocado Turkey Wrap recipe
- It’s easy! We are all about easy meal ideas.
- Kids can make themselves. Encourage your kiddos to fill their turkey wrap with their favorite veggies.
- It’s healthy and loaded with protein to keep your kiddos (or you!) going all afternoon long.
Simple Substitutions or Additions
- Pickles. A pickle spear wrapped in turkey is delicious!
- Swap the ranch for hummus.
- Roasted chickpeas are yummy and are loaded with protein.
- Leave off the ranch and cheese for a dairy-free lunch idea.
- Use guacamole if you don’t have a fresh avocado on hand.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Tasty Avocado Turkey Wrap
- 1/2 pound thick sliced low-sodium turkey
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 teaspoons light Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 1 avocado mashed
- Lay turkey slices flat on plate. Place cheese on top.
- Spread with 1 tsp. dressing. Add carrots, tomato, lettuce, cucumbers, pepper and avocado.
- Roll up and secure with toothpick.