Breakfast is served in just 10 minutes with this easy breakfast idea. Healthy, delicious and easy to make, the whole family will love these Breakfast Fruit Skewers.
Whether you are looking for a fun brunch idea or something new for the kids to enjoy, these Sunny Breakfast Fruit Skewers are sure to brighten your day. Bring some sunshine into your morning with these healthy, quick and easy breakfast skewers that are bursting with tasty tropical fruits, protein and whole grain nutrition.
I don’t know about your kids, but mine love eating anything that they can eat with their hands. My daughter was like that when she was a baby, too. Nothing off a spoon but anything she could pick up. For some reason they just think it is more fun. Well we have made Fruit & Yogurt Tartlets, Fruit Skewers, and even Breakfast Grazing Boards. All of those breakfast recipes were successful!
My kids wanted to make something fun for Mother’s Day brunch so these Sunny Breakfast Fruit Skewers were born. I helped get out the fruits, peel and cut the mango, and helped them organize their game plan. And the kids assembled and did the rest! So this is a great idea for a Sunday morning or anytime during the Summer when you want some fresh fruit and waffles.
What we love about these Sunny Breakfast Fruit Skewers
- Easy to make- even the kids can help
- A full breakfast with fruits and grains
- Great for brunch
- Great as a grab and go breakfast idea, too!
- Loaded with bright fruits that are full of Vitamin C, fiber, and potassium!
How to Assemble these Breakfast Fruit and Waffle Skewers
First start by prepping the fruit you are using. Peel and cut the mango and cube it. Then core and cut the pineapple as well. (For more on how to prepare mango- check out our All About Mango Produce Page. )
Then mix the nut butter and coconut in a small bowl. Spread the mixture onto one side of each waffle and cut into 4 pieces.
Next toss the banana, mango, pineapple and lime juice in another bowl until covered.
Thread the pineapple, waffle and mango onto 6-inch skewers. Enjoy!
What to serve with these breakfast skewers
- Whip up some Orange Pineapple & Coconut Mocktails
- A little honey, syrup, or jam would be great.
- If you are having brunch- make some Berry Cherry Baked Oatmeal or Breakfast Quiche Bites
Make sure to PIN IT!
Additions & Substitutions:
- We used frozen whole wheat waffles but you can use whatever you have or make your own!
- Want to load these skewers up with different fruits? Add whatever your family enjoys such as strawberries, blueberries, or grapes!
- We used nut butter but you can use an alternative butter that your family enjoys, too.
Sunny Breakfast Fruit Skewers
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 frozen whole wheat waffles cooked according to package
- 1 banana cut into 8 pieces
- 1 mango peeled, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 slices pineapple cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mix nut butter and coconut in small bowl.
- Spread onto one side of each waffle and cut into 4 pieces.
- Toss banana, mango, pineapple and lime juice in another bowl.
- Thread pineapple, waffle and mango onto 6-inch skewers.