Get the kiddos in the kitchen on a Saturday morning to make this yummy baked oatmeal! Kids can help wash the fruit and mix ingredients. It only take a few minutes to prep before going into the oven to bake. Top with Greek yogurt for an extra special breakfast!
Nutrition Tip: Not only are cherries a sweet snack, but they are also filled with antioxidants that have been shown to ease inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup halved, pitted cherries, divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix oats, ¼ cup pecans, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk egg in separate bowl. Stir in milk, butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add ½ of dry ingredients to prepared baking dish and top with ⅓ cup strawberries, ¼ cup blueberries and ¼ cup cherries. Add remaining dry ingredients and top with wet ingredients. Top with remaining strawberries, blueberries, cherries and pecans. Gently shake baking dish back and forth to allow milk to combine with oats.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes, or until oatmeal is set and lightly browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 16gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g