Who says waffles have to be sweet? Go the savory route with these Cheesy Cauliflower Hashbrown Waffles! Cauliflower is an excellent source of Vitamin C, and this recipe starts the day off right with 123% of your daily intake. Top with an egg prepared your favorite way for an extra protein boost.
Nutrition Tip: Just one cup of cauliflower contains 75 percent of the Daily Value for vitamin C, making this vegetable an excellent addition to soups during flu season.
- 1 (12 oz.) package cauliflower rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Steam cauliflower rice according to package directions. Let cool. Transfer to clean dish towel and ring to remove excess water.
- Mix cauliflower, green onions, eggs, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking sparay. Add cauliflower mixture to waffle iron. Close and cook 3-4 minutes, or until browned and crispy around the edge. Remove and cut into fourths.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g