These Breakfast Quiche Bites are the perfect solution for crazy busy mornings. Whip up a batch of these tasty treats on Sunday, then you’ll have them ready to go any morning in a matter of seconds.
The kids are settling in to a new school year and we are all trying to get back into the swing of things. It seems like getting back into our routines is always a challenge the first few weeks, but I’m starting to get a handle on all the craziness. School, homework, sports, and other activities, I know you fully understand what I’m going through.
Mornings are always extra hectic, trying to wrangle the kids out of bed to get ready and get off to school on time. Something I’ve been doing for several years now is prepping as much as I can the night before. Laying clothes out, making sure backpacks are packed, and getting a head start on lunch – all of that saves me time, and stress, in the mornings.
Nutrition Tip: Vitamin D is found in the egg yolk, and this micronutrient is needed in order for the body to absorb calcium to keep bones strong and healthy.
I also love to have quick and easy breakfast options available for not only the kids, but for me too. We all know how important it is to eat a healthy and hearty breakfast!
Pop one in the microwave to warm up, then serve with a side of fresh fruit and a glass of milk for the perfect meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 6-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach and cook 5 minutes, or until spinach begins to wilt. Transfer vegetables to bowl and let cool. Add cheese.
- Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour eggs over veggies and stir well to combine. Divide the mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups and bake 20 minutes, or until puffed up and set. Serve immediately, or allow them to come to room temperature before covering tightly and placing in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g