Looking for an easy, healthy meal that’s ready in under 25 minutes? Check out this One-Pot Turkey Chili Mac skillet that makes dinner and cleanup a breeze! Hearty whole wheat pasta with ground turkey, vegetables, and beans makes this dinner a winner with the entire family.
Ever since school has been back in progress and all of our after school activities are back on, I have been trying to come up with new weeknight dinners. I am desperate for some easy recipes that I can get on that table in under 30 minutes. This Healthy One Pot Turkey Chili Mac comes together quickly for a filling, healthy, and delicious meal. This skillet dinner is customizable too, so make sure you add or subtract the vegetables or seasonings that your family enjoys.
Once in a while we need a change up from our chicken and ground beef dinners. Ground turkey is a great healthier option that our family enjoys. Recipes with ground turkey generally need a little more seasoning to add flavor. In this skillet, we used chili powder, cumin , and a little salt. You can usually substitute ground turkey in many of your favorite ground beef recipes, too. We like our spaghetti and some of our chili recipes with it as well.
Key Ingredients for this Healthy One Pot Turkey Chili Mac
- Ground turkey
- Green Pepper
- Roma tomatoes
- Whole Wheat Noodles
- Kidney Beans
- Seasonings– we used chili powder, cumin , and salt. You could always use a packet of taco seasoning, too.
Equipment needed for this easy Turkey Chili Mac
Cast Iron Skillet or Large Pot/ Pan
How to make this Healthy One Pot Turkey Chili Mac
First start by washing and prepping the vegetables. Chop up the onion, peppers, and tomatoes.
Then heat some oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Next add in the ground turkey and cook for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
Add the bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes to a food processor and pulse until chunky.
Then add the veggie mixture, cooked noodles, beans, cumin, chili powder and salt to skillet and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve hot with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Frequently asked questions:
Can I make this recipe with a different meat?
Yes! Ground chicken or beef works well, too. Or you can go without meat for a vegetarian dish.
Can I use a different pasta?
Yes! Whichever shape your family enjoys-go for it! To keep the nutrition, we like whole wheat pasta or even vegetable noodles work well, too!
What other veggies could I add?
Like a little heat? Try some diced jalapenos for some extra flavor. You could also do some other bell peppers, corn, or even avocado would taste good!
Healthy One Pot Turkey Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium green bell pepper quartered, seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion quartered
- 3 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 8 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions
- 1 15.5 oz. can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat: add turkey and cook 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper, onion and tomatoes to food processor and pulse until chunky.
- Add veggie mixture, noodles, beans, cumin, chili powder and salt to skillet and let simmer for 15 minutes.