We love all kinds of chili and sometimes it is nice to break out of your traditional ground meat & red bean variety. Whether using leftover chicken or a Rotisserie chicken from the deli, this chili can be pulled together quickly for an easy weeknight dinner.
Nutrition Tip: Besides being a healthy source of dietary fiber, white beans are packed with magnesium that can ward off migraines, prevent muscle cramps, and improve your heart health.
Chicken & White Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash chopped
- 2 poblano peppers chopped
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 16 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Add zucchini, squash and poblano pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, salt, paprika, pepper and 1 cup water. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.