We are coming into soup and chili weather here! We love trying new chili recipes like this Chicken & White Bean Chili for less traditional but still loaded with all of our favorite flavors. This chicken chili comes together quickly for an easy weeknight meal all season long. Everyone watching a big game? This makes a perfect soup to serve up for a hearty tasty meal.
We love all kinds of chili and sometimes it is nice to break out of your traditional ground meat & red bean variety. I had bought a Rotisserie style chicken from the deli and wasn’t sure what to make with it. I was craving something warm and filling, so decided on a new pot of chili. Even if you use leftover cooked chicken, This Chicken & White Bean Chili can be pulled together quickly for an easy weeknight dinner. Flavorful, filling, and nutritious!
Nutrition Tip: Besides being a healthy source of dietary fiber, white beans are packed with magnesium that can ward off migraines, prevent muscle cramps, and improve your heart health.
This chicken chili is loaded with some different veggies that you normally don’t see in chili. We have zucchini, yellow squash, poblano peppers, and even corn! Having this much variety gives our bodies all of the fuel it needs throughout the day! Each vegetable offers its own unique list of benefits that you can feel great about eating. So the next time you are feeling something different, tasty, and loaded with vegetables, make sure to give this recipe a try!
Key Ingredients for this Chicken & White Bean Chili
- Zucchini– our household loves zucchini. It is so mild in flavor that it is great to toss into soups and chili. Zucchini is high in fiber, Vitamins A & C, and a great source of potassium, too.
- Yellow Squash– this squash is great for our bone and teeth health, can help reduce blood pressure, and is also a great source of fiber.
- Poblano Peppers– this pepper is flavorful without being spicy! Like a little spice? Go ahead and toss in a jalapeno!
- Shredded Cooked Chicken– we used rotisserie style chicken. If you have leftovers you can use that or easily cook some up in the Instant Pot.
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Cannellini Beans
How to make this easy Chicken & White Bean Chili
First start by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Then add in the onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
Next add the zucchini, squash, and poblano pepper and cook for another 5 minutes, or until tender.
Then add in the cooked chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, salt, paprika, pepper and 1 cup of water. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with all of your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Chicken and White Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash chopped
- 2 poblano peppers chopped
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 16 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Add zucchini, squash and poblano pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, salt, paprika, pepper and 1 cup water. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.