Who doesn’t love a great slow cooker chili recipe? This healthy, protein-packed turkey kale chili will keep the whole family full until dinner.
Nutrition Tip: Looking to lower the calories in your chili? Opt for ground turkey breast. Turkey breast has few calories and just as much protein as other turkey meat options.
Hearty Turkey & Kale Chili
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons omato paste
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz. can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added corn, drained
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsalted tortilla chips crushed
- Add turkey, onion, pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, tomatoes, black beans, corn, broth and kale to slow cooker, and cook on low 8 hours.
- Top with Greek yogurt and tortilla chip