Make restaurant-style lettuce wraps at home! We cut down on sodium with a homemade sauce, used ground turkey for lean protein and packed this recipe full of veggies.
Nutrition Tip: Pump up your iron and energy intake by adding more lean ground turkey to your diet.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Whisk together hoisin, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, water, ginger, sugar, cornstarch and sesame oil.
- Pour sauce over turkey and add broccoli slaw. Cook 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon turkey into lettuce cups and top with scallions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 596mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 24g