Ready for a fun lunch box or main dish idea? Both adults and kids alike will enjoy these No-Cook Summer Rolls! Get your kids in the kitchen to help prepare these rolls by picking their favorite veggies while the parents roll them up.
Nutrition Tip: One of the best ways to increase your chances of losing weight and maintaining good health is by adding more color to your diet.
I was trying to incorporate a few more veggies into my diet and also in the kids meals. We had fun making these No-Cook Summer Rolls and the kids liked being able to pick and choose what they wanted in their rolls. We have made these a few times now. Sometimes just to have as a healthy snack in the fridge or as a main meal. These roll ups also pack well for the kids lunch boxes, too!
Key Ingredients for these No-Cook Summer Rolls
Cabbage– Cabbage adds wonderful color and crunch in these rolls. Regular and red cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamins K, C and B6. It is also a very good source of manganese, fiber, potassium, Vitamin B1, folate and copper.
Red Bell Pepper– Bell Peppers are great to add to many meals and the kids generally like them, too! Red bell peppers are full of phytochemicals and carotenoids, like beta-carotene, that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Rice Wrappers– These can be a great substitute for breads and wraps especially when loaded with fresh vegetables!
Cucumbers– We loved the cucumber is this recipe for a nice crisp. Better when they are fresh from the garden, too! Cucumbers contain potassium, which can help lower blood pressure and have many other wonderful benefits!
Carrots– Most kids enjoy carrots which is great because they are loaded with health benefits! Carrots are attributed to the beta-carotene and fiber content, can help with eye health, and even in protecting skin against sun damage.
How to make these No-Cook Summer Rolls
First start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in the oil and noodles, remove from heat and let soak 2 minutes, or until softened.
Next fill a large bowl with warm water and submerge one rice paper wrap at a time for about 15 seconds, or until they soften. Place the wet rice paper wrapper on hard surface with a damp kitchen towel and add noodles, cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber, cilantro, and carrots closer to one side of wrapper.
Roll wrapper from side closest to fillings; roll it over once then fold in the side and continue rolling to complete the wrap. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers.
Serve with sesame ginger dressing for dipping and enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where to buy Rice Paper Wrappers?
If you have an international market, you should be fine. Most major grocery stores also have an international aisle where you may be able to find them.
Can I add other vegetable to this recipe?
Sure! Have orange peppers instead? Go for it. Want to add some lettuce or spinach? Yes! Get creative. That is what makes these Summer Rolls fun to make.
No-Cook Summer Rolls
- 1 package Vermicelli rice sticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 mini cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup sesame ginger dressing per serving
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Stir in oil and noodles, remove from heat and let soak 2 minutes, or until softened. Drain and rinse with cold water, stirring to separate noodles. Set aside to cool.
- Fill large bowl with warm water and submerge one rice paper wrap at a time for 15 seconds, or until softened.
- Place wet rice paper wrapper on hard surface with a damp kitchen towel and add noodles, cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber, cilantro and carrots closer to one side of wrapper.
- Roll wrapper from side closest to fillings; roll it over once then fold in the side and continue rolling to complete the wrap. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Serve with sesame ginger dressing for dipping.