Get your kids in the kitchen to help prepare these fun, no-cook summer rolls! Kids can pick their favorite veggies while parents roll them up. They keep well in lunchboxes for a fun main dish!
Nutrition Tip: One of the best ways to increase your chances of losing weight and maintaining good health is by adding more color to your diet.
- 1 package Vermicelli rice sticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup sesame ginger dressing, per serving
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Stir in oil and noodles, remove from heat and let soak 2 minutes, or until softened. Drain and rinse with cold water, stirring to separate noodles. Set aside to cool.
- Fill large bowl with warm water and submerge one rice paper wrap at a time for 15 seconds, or until softened.
- Place wet rice paper wrapper on hard surface with a damp kitchen towel and add noodles, cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber, cilantro and carrots closer to one side of wrapper.
- Roll wrapper from side closest to fillings; roll it over once then fold in the side and continue rolling to complete the wrap. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Serve with sesame ginger dressing for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 4gSugar: 8.5gProtein: 7g