You’ll love how quick and easy this Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup is to make! It’s a satisfying vegetarian meal filled with cheese tortellini, diced tomatoes, green beans, spinach and chickpeas. The soup is super flavorful as well as full of protein and fiber, keeping you fuller longer.
Although spring has officially sprung, it definitely still feels like winter across most of the country. For most of us, we had a taste of spring much earlier than usual, but then old man winter had to come back and remind us that he wasn’t gone quite yet! So while it’s still cold outside, I’m enjoying my favorite soups for as long as I can.
There is something so comforting about this Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup. Cheesy pasta, vegetables, and a flavorful tomato broth… yes make room for seconds! My entire family enjoyed this easy soup recipe. Great as a lunch to take to work for the week or as a main course.
Key Ingredients for these Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- Green Beans– we love green beans in our house! They are a low calorie food that is loaded with nutrients that can help fight off diseases, are high in fiber, and folate.
- Spinach– known as a huge power food, spinach is great to toss into soups because it cooks down easily. A great way to add nutrition without being too over powering.
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes– canned tomatoes make this soup simple to prepare. We used fire roasted flavor, but chili ready or even Italian seasoning would taste great, too!
- Cheese Tortellini– I used cheese tortellini in this recipe but if you wanted to use a different flavor or one filled with vegetables, go for it!
- Vegetable Broth– for the base we used a low-sodium vegetable broth. Want to learn how to make your own? Check out how to here! Chicken broth could also work.
- Chickpeas– I love adding chickpeas into recipes. They are mild in flavor, add texture, and have wonderful benefits. They are a great plant based protein, are loaded in fiber, and Iron.
This soup has quickly become a favorite in our house, and it’s honestly one of the best soups I’ve ever had. I hope your family will love it as much as mine does! It comes together pretty quickly, too!
How to make this Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup
First heat some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes, or until onion is softened.
Then stir in the tomato paste. Add the vegetable broth, water, green beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini is done.
Divide soup among bowls and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Check out our 5 Easy Ways To Get Your Family To Eat More Spinach, too!
Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 10 minutes, or until onion is softened. Stir in tomato paste. Add broth, water, green beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini is done.
- Divide soup among bowls and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.