Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
Ready for a classic comfort soup that is perfect any time of the year? This Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup gets a healthier makeover with the addition of cauliflower. Enjoy the same creamy goodness without the fuss of pre-baking the potatoes by making this soup in just 20 minutes in an Instant Pot! Topped with a little sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions for that loaded baked potato taste we all love.
The kids are back in school and I am on the look out for quick and easy weeknight meals. Between running around, picking them up, taking them to practice, and of course homework sometimes we just don’t have time for complicated recipes. The Instant Pot is great to help put things together quickly in one pot. This Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup is an all in one pot meal where the potatoes cook quickly. So if you are new to cooking with your pressure cooker or Instant Pot, try this potato soup for a great starter recipe.
Nutrition Tip: Did you know that the first vegetable grown in space was the potato? Whether enjoyed in space or on earth, this cholesterol-free and fiber-rich tuber supports a healthy heart.
We added some cauliflower rice into this soup recipe for an extra serving of vegetables. The family won’t even know they are eating cauliflower and everyone can still enjoy all the favorite flavors of loaded baked potato soup.
Key Ingredients for this Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Russet Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Unsalted Chicken Stock
- Canadian Bacon
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
What we love about russet potatoes
Surprisingly, potatoes are a wonderful source of Vitamin C and Iron. They are a great source of fiber which can help aid in a healthy digestive track and can also help lower cholesterol. Russet potatoes are also loaded with B Vitamins and potassium. So sometimes potatoes are thought of as not the healthiest vegetable, but actually they have some great benefits.
How to make Baked Potato Soup in the Instant Pot
First wash and cut up the potatoes and onions. Then place the potatoes, cauliflower rice, Canadian bacon, onion, chicken stock and salt into the Instant Pot.
Add the water until everything is just covered. Cover and lock and seal the lid. Then set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. It will heat up, then pressure cook for 10 minutes. When the time is up, turn the valve to venting and allow steam to escape. Carefully remove the lid.
Next mash up the potatoes with a potato masher until the desired consistency is reached. Then stir in ¾ cup of sour cream.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with cheese, remaining sour cream, and some green onion. Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
New to the Instant Pot? Check out these tips for beginners + 30 delicious recipes!
Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 4 pounds RPE Inc. Russet potatoes, 1-inch cubed
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- 4 sliced Canadian bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 small RealSweet® sweet onion diced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream divided
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 3 River Fresh Farms green onions sliced
- Place potatoes, cauliflower rice, Canadian bacon, onion, chicken stock and salt into Instant Pot. Add water until everything is just covered. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook 10 minutes. It will heat up, then pressure cook 10 minutes. When time is up, turn valve to venting and allow steam to escape. Remove lid.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Stir in ¾ cup sour cream.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese, remaining sour cream and green onion.
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup & Roasted Carrot Chips