Traditional baked potato soup gets a healthier makeover with the addition of cauliflower. Enjoy the same creamy goodness without the fuss of pre-baking the potatoes by making this soup in just 20 minutes in an Instant Pot! Topped with a little sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions.
New to the Instant Pot? Check out these tips for beginners + 30 delicious recipes!
Nutrition Tip: Did you know that the first vegetable grown in space was the potato? Whether enjoyed in space or on earth, this cholesterol-free and fiber-rich tuber supports a healthy heart.
- 4 pounds Schmieding russet potatoes, 1-inch cubed
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- 4 sliced Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 small RealSweet® sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 3 River Fresh Farms green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes, cauliflower rice, Canadian bacon, onion, chicken stock and salt into Instant Pot. Add water until everything is just covered. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook 10 minutes. It will heat up, then pressure cook 10 minutes. When time is up, turn valve to venting and allow steam to escape. Remove lid.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Stir in ¾ cup sour cream.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese, remaining sour cream and green onion.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g