This light, easy vegetable tortellini soup recipe is ready in only 30 minutes, making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Leftovers make for the perfect hearty lunch.
Nutrition Tip: Tomatoes contain lycopene, an important antioxidant, which may help protect against prostate cancer and heart disease.
30-Minute Veggie Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 48 oz. carton low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 head escarole roughly chopped
- 12 oz. green beans chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 12 oz. package dry tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes, escarole, green beans and corn. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat and simmer 9-10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked. Top with 1½ tsp. cheese.