Turn boring rice into a festive dish by adding a few veggies, protein and a homemade vinaigrette. Pair with a side salad or cup of soup, or serve as a side to your favorite main dish.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 4 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, chopped
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine rice, ham, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper and cucumber in large bowl. Stir gently to mix. Refrigerate 1 hour. Before serving, mix in dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g