Taquitos are a kid-friendly and easy way to get veggies into kiddos, and this homemade version is no exception. Packed with cauliflower, black beans and corn, kids will happily eat these for lunch, dinner or as a snack.
They can be baked in the oven or “fried” in an air fryer for a crispy, crunchy meal. Serve with salsa, guacamole or plain Greek yogurt for dipping.
Nutrition Tip: Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable, as it can be made into pizza crust, mac & cheese, rice, or even buffalo wings! This veggie is rich antioxidants that have been shown to protect your skin from sun damage and decrease inflammation.
Make a large batch and freeze for a later day. Older kids can easily defrost and take on the go between school and sports.
- 8 ounces riced cauliflower, steamed
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 small frozen empanada shells, thawed
- Mix cauliflower rice, beans, corn, cheese, lime juice, cilantro and garlic salt in large bowl.
- Lay empanada wrappers on flat surface. Fill each with ¼ cup of filling and roll up.
- Heat air fryer to 375F. Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Add taquitos and cook 8 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Alternately, place taquitos on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake in preheat 375F oven 20 minutes. Flip and cook additional 5 minutes, or until browned on both sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g