Everyone will love this easy taco dip recipe. Make it in individual cups or as a large appetizer, either way, everyone will eat it up! Grab the full tutorial below on each delicious layer!
Looking for a great game day or party appetizer recipe? Try this 7- Layer Taco Dip that gets a makeover with swaps like Greek yogurt for sour cream and low-sodium refried beans. Serve it up with some baked tortilla chips or even veggies for dipping.
I have always loved a good layered taco dip when I go to gatherings. I mean what’s not to love? Layers of your favorite taco toppings but in a dipping form? Yes please! And you can feel good about indulging a little (or a lot) too. We have made this version of 7-Layer Taco Dip so many times. I have made it in a large 9×13 dish for large get togethers but also have made them in individual cups for the kids or adults during Super Bowl. However you decide to display it, this easy dip is a winner!
Nutrition Tip: Avocados are a great source of potassium, providing more than a similar-sized banana.
What we love about this 7-Layer Taco Dip
- Easy to make
- Loaded with wonderful fruits & veggies
- Healthier than the classic recipe with a few simple swaps
- Great for dipping with chips or vegetables
- A party favorite
Each layer has some good stuff. Think about it, salsa is a healthy snack, avocados are a power food, beans are a great source of fiber, and I could go on and on. So if your family enjoys tacos, make this recipe for them for a healthier snacking option. I like to have it around when I am craving something to munch on throughout the day, too. I actually like to dip with carrots and celery sticks, too!
Key Ingredients for this Healthy Taco Dip
- Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- Low Sodium Refried beans
- Avocados – or store bought guac
- Taco Seasoning
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Black Olives
- Shredded Cheese
Feel free to make your own taco seasoning or favorite homemade salsa, too. But to keep it simple grab your favorites and get to layering!
How to make a 7-Layer Taco Dip
First grab out your favorite party dish or individual cups that you are serving the dip in. Then cut and remove the pit of the avocado and scoop out the green part into a bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado and set aside.
Next mix the Greek yogurt and the taco seasoning in a small bowl until well combined.
Spread the refried beans into the bottom of the baking dish or spoon into cups. Then top the beans in the following order, spreading each layer evenly over the last: yogurt mix, the mashed avocados, salsa, lettuce, cheese and olives.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until ready to serve. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Substitutions & Additions:
- Want to spice it up? Add some chopped jalapenos!
- Have some guacamole handy? You can use that instead of the fresh avocados.
- Want to chop up some fresh tomatoes to add on top? Go for it!
- As mentioned earlier- you can make them in small plastic cups for individual servings, too.
7-Layer Taco Dip
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 15.4 oz low-sodium vegetarian refried beans 1 can
- 3 avocados, mashed or use one of the YoQuiero! Brands Guacs – they are our favorite!
- 16 ounces salsa
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Mix yogurt and taco seasoning in small bowl.
- Spread beans in 11×8-inch baking dish. Top beans in the following order, spreading each layer evenly over the last: yogurt, avocados, salsa, lettuce, cheese and olives.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes. Serve chilled.