Ready for a new type of salad that is loaded with power-foods, flavor, and is easy to make? Try this Harvest Sweet Potato Salad that is perfect by itself, as a side side, for the holidays, or even to bring to potlucks! This salad is tasty, pretty, and perfect anytime of the year.
No leafy greens here. This Harvest Sweet Potato Salad is loaded with apples, sweetpotatos, pomegranates, and pumpkin seeds. We made this sweetpotato salad for the first time last Fall and fell in love with the sweet and savory flavors. I have made it over and over again and wanted to share with you! I have taken it to small get togethers and have made it for myself for meal prep for lunch for the week. So whatever you want to make it for, it is a great easy recipe to keep around.
We have been on a sweet potato kick over here lately. Everything from taco bowls to parfaits. It is one of my favorite vegetables to prepare for my family because I know that everyone including the kids will eat them. The kids enjoy the sweet flavors and I love knowing that sweetpotatoes pack a huge punch when it comes to nutrients and health benefits for our bodies.
What we love about Sweet Potatoes
- Versatile in recipes
- There are so many different ways to prepare them (Check out our 6 Ways to Prepare Sweet Potatoes post)
- Nutritionally, the value of sweet potatoes outweighs that of the more common white potato.
- Sweet potatoes are loaded in Vitamin C, A, Magnesium, Fiber, and antioxidants.
Make sure to Check out Our Printable Health Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes PDF, too!
Key Ingredients for this Harvest Sweet Potato Salad
How to make this easy Harvest Sweet Potato Salad
Step 1: Bake the sweet potatoes
First start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Peel and dice the sweepotatoes and place on a baking sheet. Then drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and prep the apples, too.
Step 2: Make the dressing
In a mixing bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper. Whisk until is well combined and then set aside.
Step 3: Mix it all up
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped apples, baked sweet potatoes, pomegranates, and pumpkin seeds. Then pour the dressing over all of the ingredients and toss.
Make sure to Pin It!
Additions & Substitutions:
- Don’t have Apple Cider Vinegar? You can use white vinegar as well.
- Want to add some sliced almonds? That would be a great addition!
- Don’t have pomegranates? Try some dried cherries or even cranberries.
- No pumpkin seeds? Try some sunflower seeds, chia seeds, or edamame.
Harvest Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 sweet potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Bake 10 minutes or until tender. Remove and allow cool.
- In small bowl, whisk 1 Tbsp. oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Combine sweet potatoes, apples, pomegranate arils, and pumpkin seeds in large bowl. Pour dressing over and mix well.