Everyone loves nachos! Here is a simple way to give your child nachos for lunch, this DIY Nachos Lunchbox is easy to make and your child will love it.
I know it’s pretty easy to get into a lunchbox rut. But, my kids will only eat the same thing for so many days in a row before they start making comments. That’s why I love being a part of Healthy Family Project and working on the Power Your Lunchbox campaign! I am constantly looking for healthy lunch ideas for the kids and I love seeing all of our readers lunchbox creations on Instagram. Lunchbox inspiration? Yes please!
These DIY Lunchbox nachos are easy enough to prep that the kids can definitely help preparing them. Kids will love assembling this fun DIY Nachos lunch with black beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole!
Let your kids choose their favorite nacho toppings and use reusable cupcake liners to separate the ingredients and avoid sogginess. We love this vegetarian lunch idea, but you can easily add in your kids’ favorite taco protein like chicken, ground beef or lentils.
Nutrition Tip: Black beans, and other dark-colored beans, contain the same pigment found in grapes that acts as a disease-fighting antioxidant. Black beans are also a terrific source of fiber, protein, and iron for kids.
To form the base of our DIY Nachos, we use baked or multigrain scoopable tortilla chips that are perfect for loading up your favorite toppings, like those yummy Nature Fresh Farms TOMZ cherry tomatoes!
Don’t forget to add some fresh fruit and something to drink. Replace fruit juice with milk or water. The calcium found in milk is important to help your child grow up healthy. Pure fruit juices may be a healthier option, but they contain a lot of calories per serving.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
DIY Nachos Lunchbox
- 1 ounce multigrain scoop tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup low-sodium black beans drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoon shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 Nature Fresh Farms TOMZ cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 small apple
- Assemble lunchbox with tortilla chips, black beans, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and guacamole.
- Serve with apple.