Green bean casserole gets a vegan makeover with a few easy ingredient swaps. No condensed soup needed!
Disclaimer: The recipe is sponsored by Pero Family Farms. All opinions are our own.
This green bean casserole is prepped and ready to pop in the oven in just 10 minutes. Or, it can be assembled ahead of time to save time during your day-of holiday prep.
No need to wait until Thanksgiving – this is a delicious and nutritious side dish you can enjoy all year long!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounce baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 (12 oz.) bags Pero Family Farms® green beans, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup crispy fried onion topping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until browned. Add flour and stir to coat veggies. Slowly whisk in stock, then almond milk. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and let cook 5-7 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Chop green beans and add to sauce. Stir to coat. Transfer to 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with fried onions and bake in oven 10-15 minutes, or until bubbly and browned on top.