This easy Instant Pot recipe is perfect for beginners. It combines sweet potatoes and carrots for a delicious and colorful side dish that’s perfect to pair with any meal.
Nutrition Tip: Both sweet and white potatoes are nutritious, but sweet potatoes offer beta-carotene (the pigment that makes them orange). That plays a role in vision and immunity and may help cut the risk of some kinds of cancer.
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1” cubes
- 6 large baby carrots, peeled, cut into 1” slices
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place sweet potatoes and carrots into Instant Pot insert. Add broth. Close lid (make sure release valve is set to “sealing”).
- Press Manual button and set time to 5 minutes. (Note: It will take about 15 minutes for Instant Pot to build pressure and heat before 5 minutes cook time begins).
- After 5 minutes, allow to slow release for 2 minutes before turning release knob to venting setting (quick release). Be careful to not burn yourself on the steam when releasing knob (use tongs).
- Carefully drain potatoes and carrots in a colander and place back into insert. Mash with until mostly smooth. Add, salt and pepper and stir well.