The perfect lunch for any ocean-animal-loving kid! Creative and fun yet only takes minutes to put together!
Nutrition Tip: Peanut butter contains the antioxidant resveratrol, which studies have shown it may help the onset of certain chronic diseases.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 GROW by Organics Unlimited banana, sliced
- 8 sugar snap peas
- 1 slice lowfat American cheese
- 1 clementine, peeled, segmented
- Spread peanut butter on one side of each slice of bread. Top with strawberry and banana slices and close to make a sandwich. Use your favorite ocean animal cookie cutter to create a fun shape out of your sandwich.
- Place sandwich in large bento container and arrange sugar snap peas to resemble seaweed underneath.
- Slice cheese into small triangles for sails. Using a toothpick, attach the cheese sails to your clementine segments to create mini sailboats.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579Total Fat: 21gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 13gSugar: 32gProtein: 20g