A healthy and fun faux sushi lunch idea kids will love to eat. These turkey roll ups are a fun way for kids to eat their veggies and protein.
Nutrition Tip: Deli turkey meat is an excellent source of lean protein, a satisfying nutrient that may help with overeating and weight management.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 (9-inch) spinach tortilla
- 2 tablespoons light Ranch dressing
- 3 slices lowfat deli turkey breast
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 2 slices seedless cucumber, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 slice tomato, cut into thin strips
- 1 slice lowfat Cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- Heat tortilla in microwave on HIGH 15 seconds.
- Coat tortilla with dressing. Layer turkey slices on top. Add rice onto ½ of turkey; press down to flatten. Layer carrots, cucumber, salad, tomato and cheese in a line on top.
- Roll tortilla around rice and veggies; cut into 2-inch pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 7gProtein: 22g