Turkey Hummus Pinwheels
Trying to switch up your sandwich routine? Try rolling up your favorite sandwich toppings into a wrap and cutting into pinwheels. These Turkey Hummus Pinwheels are the perfect kid-friendly food, too. Customize this recipe with your favorite lunchmeat, cheese, spreads and veggies!
My kids seem to enjoy foods that are made into fun shapes. They love when we make Banana Sushi Rolls, the dinosaur lunch, and even our fun outer space box. To be honest, I get bored with sandwiches too, that is why we are always experimenting with lunchbox ideas for the kids and the adults! These Turkey Hummus Pinwheels are perfect for all of us and since they are bite-sized, the kids love them.
Nutrition Tip: Taste alone may not reveal how much sodium is in foods. So when looking for low-sodium deli meats, be sure to choose those with, “no salt added,” on the packaging or food label.
This is a super easy lunchbox idea, so great for the kids to help with too. Really all we are doing here is rolling up the ingredients into a wrap and then cutting them into slices. So the kids can assemble, roll, and even slice them with these kid friendly knives! Then let everyone pack up their favorite fruits, yogurt, or other sides to complete the lunchbox. These are perfect for busy school mornings since the come together quickly, but these can definitely be made ahead of time, too!
Key Ingredients for these Tukey Hummus Pinwheels
- Whole Wheat Tortillas– our family enjoys whole wheat tortillas but regular, spinach, or even low sodium tortillas work, too.
- Turkey– this deli meat is a great lean protein to keep in the house for quick snacks and sandwiches.
- Cheese– cheese is a great source of protein and calcium to help the kids with their bone growth. Pick whatever flavors you like. Swiss, cheddar, Colby jack… all of them would taste great on these pinwheels.
- Hummus– grab a tub of hummus or make your own for a healthier option to spread on these pinwheels. Made of chickpeas, hummus is loaded with fiber and is a great plant based protein.
- Salad– throwing some lettuce in these wraps, helps to get your greens in for a serving of vegetables for the day. You can use bagged mix, fresh romaine, or even spinach.
If you want to change up the deli meat or even the spread, go for it! We have an awesome Homemade Ranch Hummus Dip that would be awesome, too. Then just slice and assemble.
How to make these Turkey Hummus Pinwheels
Lay the tortilla on flat clean surface. Then spread with hummus and top with the turkey, cheese, and greens.
Roll up and sliced into 1-inch thick rounds. Serve right away or pack them up in the lunchbox with your favorite sides. We served ours with sugar snap peas, Ranch for dipping, and a banana.
Make sure to PIN IT!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Turkey Hummus Pinwheels
- 1 10-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoon hummus
- 3 slices low-sodium turkey
- 1 slice lowfat Cheddar cheese cut in half
- 1/4 cup salad greens
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing
- 1 small GROW by Organics Unlimited banana
- Lay tortilla on flat surface.
- Spread with hummus and top with turkey, cheese and greens. Roll up and sliced into 1-inch thick rounds.
- Serve with sugar snap peas, Ranch and banana.