Set sail with these super fun tuna salad stuffed mini pepper boats! Avocado replaces mayonnaise in traditional tuna salad for this tasty recipe.
These little pepper boats are complete with clementine sail for a fun lunchbox kids will be excited to open. Use coffee stirrers or toothpicks to attach your clementine sails to your pepper boats.
Nutrition Tip: Albacore tuna is a better source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids than other tuna species.
Using avocado in place of mayo in this recipe adds a great source of heart-healthy fats and keeps the tuna salad creamy and delicious. If prepping ahead of time, make sure to add a little extra lime juice to keep the avocado from browning and store in an airtight container.
This meal is a also great source of Vitamin C! Did you know that a 3 oz. serving of Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet pPeppers contain your entire daily value of Vitamin C? That’s sweet!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 (5 oz.) can solid white albacore tuna, packed in water
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 Bee Sweet Citrus mandarin, peeled, segmented
- 6 coffee stirrers, chopped in half
- Mash avocado in small bowl. Add tuna, celery, onion and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Stuff with tuna.
- Place clementine segments on top of coffee stirrers and add to peppers creating a sail.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g