Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins
Love baking but hate the mess it leaves behind? Try these Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins that come together with a few pantry staples right in your blender. These muffins are quick and easy to throw together for breakfast all week. Made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand, these gluten-free muffins are a great alternative to boxed mixes.
I love making some healthier snacks to have around either for myself during the day or even to pack in the kids lunchboxes. That way when I am craving something a little sweet, I can reach for a better option versus processed foods. We make a batch of these Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins regularly. If you want you can double the batch and freeze for a great grab-and-go breakfast item.
The kids like these easy muffins, too. Yes they are loaded with fresh fruit and oats, but everyone in the household loves these little bite sized muffins. Can the kids help make this recipe? Sure! Baking with kids is a great family activity. Letting them help measure ingredients is a great exercise. And since this recipe is made in the blender, you can have them pulse the ingredients together. Then have them fill the batter into the pan, too. This helps them enjoy more because they know they helped make them!
Key Ingredients for these Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins
- Bananas– for the most flavor, try to use really ripe bananas in this recipe.
- Oats– we used old fashioned oats for these muffins
- Strawberries– chopped strawberries add the perfect amount of sweetness and flavor in these.
- Greek Yogurt– Yogurt acts as the fat in this recipe to help keep it all together.
- Honey– a natural sweetener!
Health Benefits of Oats
I love baking with oats because they are a gluten free grain that are loaded with health benefits. They can help in weight loss, can help lower blood sugar levels, and have many antioxidants. Oats are a great source of fiber, helping everyone feel fuller longer and helping aid in a healthy digestive track. When baking, they soften and you don’t even know they are in there! Love it!
How to make these Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins
First preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Next add the mashed bananas, eggs, oats, yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt in a blender.
Blend on high, stopping to scrape sides of blender as needed, about 3 minutes, or until batter is smooth. Then fold in the chopped strawberries.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
Bake about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, loosen with a knife, remove and let cool on wire rack.
Enjoy fresh or store in air tight container. Or wrap individually and freeze!
Make sure to Pin It!
Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place bananas, eggs, oats, yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt in blender. Blend on high, stopping to scrape sides of blender as needed, about 3 minutes, or until batter is smooth. Fold in chopped strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, loosen with a knife, remove and let cool on wire rack.
More recipes to try :
How To Make Frozen Strawberry & Yogurt Bites
You can sub with maple syrup or agave nectar. I would definitely check with your pediatrician first, but I believe both are okay for children under 1.
These sound so good. Any suggestions for replacing the honey so I can make for my 9mo? Thank you.