Looking to add some new flare to your Summer cook outs? Summer and corn on the cob just seem to go together, don’t they? This Corn with a Lemon Basil Yogurt Sauce recipe will spruce up your classic side dish and take it to a whole new level that everyone will love. Fire up the grill and give this delicious recipe a try. It’s the perfect side to all your favorite BBQ dishes.
I don’t know about you, but I grew up on corn on the cob. I remember always having to help shuck it after my parents picked up from a roadside stand. We either boiled it or enjoyed it on the grill all Summer long. For some reason, I can just keep eating it (well at least a few ears). Well, now that I am older and like to experiment with different flavors. I decided I wanted to try to jazz up the plain old Summer dish by adding the tasty and easy sauce. And let me tell you, it is a wonderful addition!
Key Ingredients for this recipe
- Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- Lemon Juice
My kids love grilled corn, too. We have even had fun making them into Mix & Match stations at our BBQ’s where everyone can make different toppings. Well we had some fresh basil growing in the garden this year so I wanted to put it to use. The sauce is super easy to make and it really elevates the corn to a whole new flavor profile.
Health Benefits of Corn
Corn is a favorite and although some people think there is not that much nutritional value, that is not true! It is loaded with dietary fiber and B Vitamins. This delicious vegetable also contains potassium, Vitamin A, and anti-oxidants.
How to prepare the grilled corn
First fire up the grill and peel and remove the husks of the corn. I like to give it a rinse to remove any of the strings, too. Of course have the kids help with this chore.
Then brush the corn with olive oil and place directly on the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes turning occasionally.
For the Sauce
Grab out your food processor or blender and add in the fresh basil, yogurt, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and add to the hot grilled corn for serving.
Make sure to PIN IT!
What to serve with this Summer side dish
- What to drink with this recipe? How about Orange Pineapple & Coconut Mocktails or even some Healthy Strawberry Watermelon Fruit Slushies?
- This is the perfect side to all of your favorite grilled foods
- Serve these up with a Summer Strawberry salad, kabobs, or your favorite grilled chicken recipes.
- Dessert? How about some healthy ice cream? Or even some Grilled Stone Fruit Skewers?
For more Summer favorites, check out our 10 Fresh Summer Recipes post!
Grilled Corn with Lemon Basil Yogurt Sauce
- 4 ears sweet corn husked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 3 large basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Lightly brush corn with olive oil.
- Place on heated grill and cook, turning occasionally, 10-15 minutes, or until brown/charred in spots.
- Blend yogurt, basil and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- Remove corn from grill and spread with yogurt mixture.