There’s nothing better during the summer than stone fruit! Cherries, peaches, nectarines and plums all have a short season and we take full advantage. For this fun dessert recipe, we’re grilling up stone fruit skewers with a little melted butter and cinnamon, then dipping into yogurt. Kids and adults alike with love this dish.
Nutrition Tip: Everything truly is better with a “cherry on top,” as the high antioxidant content in cherries has been shown to support healthy skin and decrease muscle aches.
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 peaches, pitted, cut into 8 pieces each
- 2 plums, pitted, cut into 8 pieces each
- 2 nectarines, pitted, cut into 8 pieces each
- 16 cherries, stems removed, pitted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Assemble skewers with 2 peach chunks, 2 plum chunks, 2 nectarine chunks and 2 cherries.
- Mix butter and cinnamon in small bowl. Lightly brush onto skewers.
- Place skewers on grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until fruit starts to brown and soften (about 10 minutes total). Remove from grill.
- Serve with ¼ cup yogurt for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g