Corn on the cob is a child’s favorite. For your next summer party, consider offering a corn on the cob bar. Simply set out different toppings, along with aluminum foil, and let guests create their own corn on the cob flavors. Kids will have a blast choosing their own toppings and can get creative.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Jodi of Create Kids Club.
Nutrition Tip: An average corn cob contains 800 kernels! Corn is a good source of fiber, particularly insoluble fiber, which helps keep kids regular.
Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bacon Cheese Burger Toppings
- 6 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 sliced bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
Zesty Lime Toppings
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tabelespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 green onions, sliced
Pesto Parmesan Toppings
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Add corn to a sheet of aluminum foil. Top with your choice of toppings. Wrap and place on preheated grill.
- Cook 18-20 minutes, or until corn is tender.