Are you ready for a refreshing new pasta salad recipe? Then you need to try this Fresh Spring Pasta Salad that is loaded with light flavors and is easy to make. This pasta salad highlights Spring produce like celery and radishes. Great as a side dish for Easter, Mother’s Day, or for a lunch for the week.
I have a weakness for pasta salad. I grew up eating some classic ones that my mom would make in the Summer for a light meal. Now I try to make some different pasta salads that explore different vegetables and flavor profiles. My kids seems to like pasta salad too so I generally can introduce some new varieties every year. Last year I made a Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad which was a hit.
Nutrition Tip: Using whole wheat pasta instead of white nabs your family more fiber and nutrients like protein and vitamin E. Eating more whole grains is linked to a lower risk for diseases like type 2 diabetes and a healthier weight.
I had found some beautiful fresh radishes at the market last week and wanted to incorporate them into our meals. That is how this Fresh Spring Pasta Salad came about. This delicious pasta salad only requires seven ingredients and comes together pretty quickly. Of course if you want to add more veggies you definitely can!
Key Ingredients for this Fresh Spring Pasta Salad
- Celery – as the star of the show in this recipe we use both the stalk and the celery leaves! Celery is loaded with some wonderful benefits such as fiber, potassium, Vitamins A & C, and folate.
- Radishes– these fresh crunchy root vegetables are loaded with Vitamin C, antioxidants, and are known to enhance liver function.
- Feta Cheese– we love the flavor of feta cheese and this makes a great addition to this pasta salad.
- Whole Wheat Pasta– you can use your favorite shaped pasta in this recipe. I opted for whole wheat for some added nutrition.
- Edamame– these young soybeans are a great source of protein and fiber. They also provide some texture to this dish as well.
How to make this Spring Pasta Salad with Fresh Vegetables
First start by cooking the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Then wash and prep the celery and radishes.
Grab a large mixing bowl and add the pasta, celery leaves, celery, edamame, radishes, feta and dressing and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
What to serve with this easy pasta salad?
Sometimes we just serve this pasta salad as is. But if you want to make a complete meal out of it you could add some chopped cooked chicken. If you are having a party or BBQ, you can serve this up alongside some BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches or some Very Veggie Burgers. Looking for a light dessert? Try some Broiled Peaches with Greek Yogurt & Almonds.
Fresh Spring Pasta Salad
- 3 cups whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 cup celery leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup italian vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add pasta, celery leaves, celery, edamame, radishes, feta and dressing to large bowl. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes before serving.