If you are looking for a new recipe for lunch, I have a delicious one for you. This easy Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad is ready in just 20 minutes, is vegan and you can make it the night before.
Packed with mini sweet peppers, mandarins, green onions, spinach and carrots, then tossed with a sesame ginger dressing and topped with Chow Mein noodles for added crunch make this Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad a delicious and nutritious meal. Do you like Chinese chicken salad? Well, this Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad is what happens when Chinese chicken salad goes plant-based with this delicious vegan recipe.
This make-ahead lunchbox option is perfect for those busy weeks. Prep at the beginning of the week and mix and match with your favorite sides for each meals. We really love pairing this pasta salad with edamame and these SunGold™ kiwi. In just one fruit you get over 100% of your recommended daily value of Vitamin C!
Packing Tip: Pack the Chow Mein noodles in a small container in the lunchbox to be added right before eating to ensure optimal crunchiness!
Nutrition Tip: Mandarins and sweet peppers are both loaded with vitamin C, which has a special power: It helps the body soak up more iron from other foods in the meal (like the pasta and spinach in this salad).
- Sweet peppers
- Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Chow Mein noodles
How long is pasta salad good for in the refrigerator?
Store this easy pasta salad in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
Can you freeze it?
No, I don’t recommend freezing pasta salad. But since this meal can double as lunch and dinner, I would bet that you don’t end up with a lot of leftovers after that 4 days in the refrigerator.
Since this Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad is so easy to make and it stores well in the refrigerator, it also makes for an easy weeknight dinner idea. Then you can save the leftovers for lunch the next day. Dinner and lunch done in just 20 minutes. Perfect.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 6 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 3 Bee Sweet Citrus mandarins, peeled, segmented
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup sesame ginger dressing
- 1/4 cup Chow Mein noodles
Sides (per lunchbox)
- 1 Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwi, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame pods
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Mix pasta, peppers, oranges, green onion, spinach, carrots and dressing in large bowl. Toss to coat well. Top with Chow Mein noodles. (For lunchboxes, pack Chow Mein noodles in a small container to be added right before eating to ensure optimal crunchiness!)
- Serve with SunGold kiwi and edamame
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g