Cowboy Caviar is the perfect veggie-packed dip! Full of healthy ingredients, it’s perfect as a salsa, dip or topping for salads, chicken or fish. You can prepare in advance, just leave out the avocado until ready to serve to keep from browning.
Nutrition Tip: Whether you choose to grill it for a summer cookout or pop it for your next movie night, corn provides you with a substantial amount of fiber for lowering cholesterol levels.
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 large tomato on the vine, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix corn, black-eyed peas, black beans, tomato, pepper, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, oil and garlic in large bowl.
- Serve with chips, pita or veggies for dipping or over a salad, chicken or fish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g