This Cheesy Taco Pasta is ready in just 20 minutes for either an easy weeknight dinner or quick lunchbox idea for the whole week. The pasta could be served warm in a lunchbox thermos or cold. Tip: keep avocado separate in the lunchbox if serving warm and add before eating!
Nutrition Tip: Just one serving of lean beef provides protein, iron, and zinc, 3 nutrients that are often lacking in the diet of children and teens.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 3 cups medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup chipotle Ranch dressing
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Pero Family Farms® mini sweet pepper rings
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 cup Monterrey-Jack cheese cubes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Mix drained pasta and dressing in large bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and mix with taco seasoning.
- Add ground beef, peppers, avocado, tomatoes and cheese and green onions to pasta. Mix well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g