We have a fun new Valentine’s Day lunch idea for you! The kids will feel extra loved with this easy-to-make Be My Valentine Bento Box! Heart shaped vegetables, fruits, sandwich, and a little chocolate make this the perfect well rounded lunch for the kids!
We really enjoy making some fun recipes for Valentine’s Day! The kids love helping make some snacks like our Strawberry Valentine’s Day Skewers and last year I made them an Emoji Bento Box for their lunch. They thought it was super special, so this year I changed it up to make them this Be My Valentine Bento Box! I loaded it up with their favorite fruits and vegetables for a healthier Valentine’s Day treat. And of course I tossed in a little Valentine note for them, too.
Nutrition Tip: Peanut butter is filled with heart-healthy unsaturated fat that provides you with sustained energy and steers you clear of those midday crashes.
The heart-shaped sandwich is made with peanut butter (use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option) and sliced strawberries and kiwi. We used these sandwich cutters to make the fun shape. So of course you can make your favorite sandwich then just cut it into a heart shape and pack up your favorite sides.
For the side we packed up raspberries with mini chocolate chips to offer the perfect amount of sweetness. Then we paired that with some heart-shaped carrots and cucumbers for a dose of veggies. If your kids like to dip make sure to pack some ranch or even some Homemade Ranch Hummus Dip.
Key Ingredients for this Be My Valentine Bento Box
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Natural Peanut Butter (or an alternative)
How to make this fun and easy Valentine’s Day Lunchbox Idea
First grab out your heart shaped cookie cutter or sandwich cutters and cut the whole wheat bread into a heart shape. Then spread with peanut butter and add on the slices of strawberries and kiwi fruit.
Assemble all ingredients into the bento box and add in some raspberries and sprinkle in the dark chocolate mini chocolate chips. Don’t forget to toss in a Valentine or note for your little loves!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Substitutions & Additions:
- Like a turkey sandwich instead? Go ahead and make the kids favorite then cut it into a heart!
- You can use other red fruits or veggies. Try some red apple slices, purple grapes, cherries, tomatoes, red peppers, or watermelon!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Be My Valentine Bento Box
- 4 slices whole wheat bread cut into heart shapes
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced, cut into heart shape
- 1 large carrots sliced, cut into heart shape
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon mini dark chocolate chips
- Spread peanut butter onto bread and layer with kiwi strawberries.
- Assemble bento box with remaining ingredients.