Looking for a new flavorful coleslaw recipe to try? We love this Sesame Ginger Coleslaw. Ready in just 10 minutes, it’s delicious on it’s own or as a topping to your favorite protein!
I have always loved coleslaw growing up but it was always something store bought or from a pre-made mix. I never really knew how easy it was to make your own coleslaw. And now that I know, I love experimenting with new varieties like our Apple & Dried Cherry Coleslaw and even one made with watermelon rind!
This recipe in particular is super easy to make and loaded with flavor so you can probably even get the kids to try this one, too! Here we utilize Summer produce so this is a great one for the Summer months! It is light, flavorful, and colorful.
What We love about this Sesame Ginger Coleslaw Recipe
This Sesame Ginger Coleslaw recipe is loaded with fresh purple cabbage, zucchini, Summer squash, and carrots for a healthier version that is great as a light lunch throughout the week or even on some grilled chicken as a main dish. The best part? You can whip up this batch in about 10 minutes and the sesame ginger dressing helps pack a punch for flavor!
Purple cabbage is loaded with nutrients such as fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and is low in calories. It can even help fight against inflammation in the body, promote a healthy heart, and is known to help strengthen your bones. One major health benefit of cabbage that we may be aware of is that it helps aid in a healthy digestive track. So what’s not to love?
PLUS if you have any of these vegetables growing in your garden, this recipe is a great way to use up some of your Summer produce.
All you need for this recipe is a mixing bowl and a grater to shred the vegetables!
How to Prepare Purple Cabbage for Coleslaw
If you aren’t sure how to prepare cabbage all you need to do is:
- Remove the outer leaves and rinse cabbage under cool, running water.
- Then use a long, sharp knife to cut the cabbage in quarters and remove the white core. Then shred into desired size for the coleslaw.
For more on cabbage, how to store and prepare it, and fun facts- check out our Produce Tips Page!
How to make this easy Coleslaw with Sesame Ginger Dressing
First wash and shred the cabbage, zucchini, squash, and carrots into a large bowl. Gently mix in the dressing. Top with sesame seeds.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Make sure to PIN IT!
What to serve with this easy coleslaw recipe
- You could make this and then add it to some Asian Chicken Wraps
- This would be great over some pulled pork sliders or grilled chicken
- You could cook up some shrimp or salmon to go with it
Sesame Ginger Coleslaw
- 1 head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 1 medium summer squash shredded
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3 tablespoons sesame ginger dressing
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine cabbage, zucchini, squash, and carrots in large bowl. Gently mix in dressing. Top with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.