Entertaining? Tailgating at the game? These pulled pork sliders are full of flavor, healthy veggies and will definitely please a crowd!
Nutrition Tip: Cabbage is a rich source of beta-carotene, so many people turn to cabbage for its ability to prevent macular degeneration and promote good eye health.
Asian Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 3 tablespoons sesame ginger dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 12 whole wheat slider buns
- Combine cabbage, peppers, celery, pineapple, salad dressing and mustard in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat; add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in salt, chili powder, chicken broth, lime juice and honey. Add pork tenderloin; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Remove pork and let stand 5 minutes before shredding.
- Increase heat to medium high; add ketchup and shredded pork.
- Top buns with pork and Asian slaw.