Entertaining? Tailgating at the game? These pulled pork sliders are full of flavor, healthy veggies and will definitely please a crowd!
Nutrition Tip: Cabbage is a rich source of beta-carotene, so many people turn to cabbage for its ability to prevent macular degeneration and promote good eye health.
Asian Pulled Pork Sliders are the perfect party food! They are so incredibly easy to make. If you choose to make them a main course instead of an appetizer, simply pair them with some homemade chips, a salad or your favorite side dish.
What we love about these Asian Pulled Pork Sliders
These sliders are made with pork that has been cooked until it is tender, and then shredded. The pork is seasoned with a Asian-inspired blend of spices, and then served on whole wheat slider buns with a sweet and tangy cabbage slaw that is so good you could eat it by itself. Your guests will love these delicious sliders!
Let’s take a peek inside these sliders and all the delicious ingredients that are used to make them.
Shredded cabbage: Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins C and K. It also contains fiber, potassium, and magnesium. Cabbage has many benefits, including helping improve your digestion, detoxing the body, and boosting the body’s immune system.
Red bell pepper: Red bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and B6. They also contain lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that has been linked to reduced risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
Celery: Great for a low-calorie crunch! And this veggie has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation and improve digestion.
Pineapple: There are at least two reasons why you should add pineapple to your Asian pulled pork sliders. First, the sweetness of the pineapple will help to balance out the savory flavors of the pork. Second, the pineapple will add a lovely texture to the dish. Is there anything more delicious than the tropical flavor of pineapple?
All those yummy seasonings: Sesame ginger dressing, Dijon mustard, chili powder and honey – oh my! There are so many delicious flavors in these Asian pulled pork sliders your tastebuds will think there’s a party going on even if it’s just a weeknight dinner!
Can I Make This Dish in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make Asian pulled pork sliders in a slow cooker! Just put the pork in the slow cooker with the seasonings listed in the ingredients list below, and let it cook on low heat all day. Then, just before serving, shred up the pork and add your Asian slaw and serve on the whole wheat mini slider buns, and you’re good to go!
Asian Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 3 tablespoons sesame ginger dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 12 whole wheat slider buns
- Combine cabbage, peppers, celery, pineapple, salad dressing and mustard in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat; add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in salt, chili powder, chicken broth, lime juice and honey. Add pork tenderloin; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Remove pork and let stand 5 minutes before shredding.
- Increase heat to medium high; add ketchup and shredded pork.
- Top buns with pork and Asian slaw.