Chicken tortilla soup gets a makeover in this lighter, one-pot version. Packed with veggies for tons of flavor and lower in sodium than canned versions. Top with Greek yogurt, fresh lime juice or cilantro for added flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3.5 ounces unsalted corn tortilla chips, divided
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, diced (optional)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and carrots, and let cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add chili powder and mix well.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low, add chicken and half of tortilla chips. Simmer 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top soup with remaining tortilla chips, avocado and jalapeno (optional).