Are you looking for a healthy breakfast idea to serve up to the kids? Try these Flourless Berry Banana Pancakes for a quick and healthier alternative to traditional pancakes. These heart shaped pancakes are loaded with fruits and nuts and tastes great! These are great any time of the year or even for a festive breakfast on Valentine’s Day!
My daughter loves helping make pancakes! She also loves cutting them into fun shapes. Well, Valentine’s Day is around the corner so I pulled out our heart shaped cookie cutter to make these Flourless Berry Banana Pancakes. Even if you have some picky eaters, these pancakes will be hard to resist when they are cut out into fun hearts and topped with some additional berries.
As mentioned, these pancakes are flourless. They are made mostly of fruit so really a great choice to serve up to the family any time of the year! Strawberries, raspberries, and bananas blend together to make these a sweet and tasty breakfast idea.
Key Ingredients for these Flourless Berry Banana Pancakes
Equipment needed to make these Berry Banana Pancakes
What we love about Raspberries
Besides being low in calories and high in fiber, raspberries are packed with many other wonderful benefits! They are a heart healthy food and contain components that can even help prevent certain cancer cells from forming. Raspberries are also high in Vitamin C so make sure to pick up fresh or frozen ones the next time you are at the store!
How to make these Flourless Berry Banana Pancakes
First start by washing your berries. Then place the strawberries, raspberries, pecans and one egg into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and frothy.
Next add in the remaining eggs, banana, and cinnamon, and pulse until just incorporated.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until firm. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes, until firm. Remove from the pan, let cool slightly.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make the heart shape pancakes and top with some agave nectar. Enjoy! You can always add some more fresh berries or pecans on top, too!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Additions & Substitutions:
- Have some other fruit? You could always use blueberries or blackberries too just note the color will change.
- Only have frozen fruit? That is fine, let it thaw a little bit and continue with the recipe.
- Want to add a bit more nutrition? Add a little ground flax, chia seeds, or even oats!
- Celebrating a different holiday? Use different cookie cutters to cut into shapes of choice.
- No pecans? Try some walnuts or even almonds would taste great, too!
Looking for other easy breakfast ideas? Check out our Whole Wheat Banana Crunch Pancakes!
Flourless Berry Banana Pancakes
- 4 medium strawberries
- 14 raspberries
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- Place strawberries, raspberries, pecans and one egg in blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Add remaining eggs, banana and cinnamon, and pulse until just incorporated.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto skillet and cook 3-5 minutes, or until firm. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes, until firm. Remove from pan, let cool slightly.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Using heart-shaped cookie cutter, shape pancakes and top with agave nectar.