These gluten-free, berry banana pancakes are a quick and healthy alternative to ordinary pancakes. Filled with three fruits and nuts, they’re sure to please even the pickiest eater. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for a festive Valentine’s Day breakfast!
- 4 medium strawberries
- 14 raspberries
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- Place strawberries, raspberries, pecans and one egg in blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Add remaining eggs, banana and cinnamon, and pulse until just incorporated.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto skillet and cook 3-5 minutes, or until firm. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes, until firm. Remove from pan, let cool slightly.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Using heart-shaped cookie cutter, shape pancakes and top with agave nectar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 31gCholesterol: 383mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 34.93gFiber: 5.79gProtein: 19.28g