In less time than it takes to order take-out, you can whip up this easy Cauliflower Fried Rice at home! Delicious on its own or great pair with stir-fry or your favorite take-out inspired dish.
Nutrition Tip: Cauliflower is full of nutrients that help reduce cholesterol levels and hardening of the arteries, including manganese, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
Why we love this Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
This versatile and easy Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe is a healthy meal that comes together in minutes. This lightened-up vegetarian fried rice will quickly become your new favorite weeknight dinner.
Fried rice is a popular dish in Chinese cuisine that has been around for a long time. The recipe hasn’t changed much over the years; it employs rice as an inexpensive way to serve nutritional ingredients. Chefs have been using cauliflower instead of ordinary rice in recent years since it has fewer carbs, making it healthier than the original. You can enjoy a delightful dinner without worrying about overeating or consuming too many carbohydrates.
Whether or not to use veggies like carrots and peas in cauliflower fried rice is a common question. These complement your meal in taste and health benefits, so we certainly recommend that you include them.
This recipes ingredients are nutritional, which means they are abundant in vitamins and minerals. Here are a few nutrients you can obtain from this recipe:
- Folate: Cauliflower includes folate, which promotes heart health by lowering blood homocysteine levels.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K, abundant in cauliflower, is suitable for your bones and helps keep your blood from clotting.
- Fiber: Fiber aids in the smooth operation of your digestive system by avoiding constipation.
- Vitamin C: Cauliflower is high in Vitamin C, an antioxidant that protects against free radical damage.
How to Make Your Own Cauliflower Rice
You can buy it in the store if you choose to, but making cauliflower rice is actually really easy! Cauliflower rice is a versatile, low-carb alternative to traditional rice that is a snap to make. Here’s how to make your own cauliflower rice:
1. Start with a head of cauliflower. Cut off the florets and discard the tough core.
2. Grate the cauliflower florets on a box grater or in a food processor fitted with a shredding blade.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small sweet onion finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions greens diced
- Heat large skillet or wok over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add eggs and cook 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add oil, onions, peas and carrots, and garlic, and cook 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add cauliflower crumbles and soy sauce. Mix well, cover and cook 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat, mix in scrambled egg and top with green onions.